How does God test humanity?
1. Read Genesis 1:26-30
2. What does God provide for humanity, and how does he generously invite people to partner with him?
3. Proverbs 3:1-18
How does God warn and test humanity? What choices bring life, and what choices harm the partners and the partnership?
4. How does the serpent exploit and test humanity’s choice in Genesis 3:1-5
5. How do humans respond in this circumstance, and what is the result (see Genesis 3:6-24)
6. How does God invite Abram and Sarai into a partnership, and what does he provide for them? How does God test Abram and Sarai? What choices do Abram/Abraham and Sarai/Sarah make, and what are the complicated consequences?
7. These and other biblical stories ultimately lead us to Jesus, the one who passed the test on humanity’s behalf. What test does Jesus face, and how does he pass through it (see Matthew 4:1-11 and 26:36-42)
8. How may never face Roman execution, but we do encounter painful situations and decisions. How does Jesus’ example affect the way we face tests and choices today (see Hebrews 12:1-17)
9. What questions remain unanswered for you?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.