Share Your Testimony
Don’t you think it is time to share with the world how the love and mercy of Christ changed your way of life. For it is important to know that everyone’s “Testimony” is one powerful tool, it is a lesson that can truly begin to help someone, it is a story about moving from death to life.
Giving your personal testimony is a way to share the gospel with others by explaining, opening up, and becoming a part of the light that provide a personal salvation experience when someone finally, and surely say “YES” to the very lasting love and will of our father God.
Each testimony is one deep example of how the love of God can change so many lives.
“If someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it. But do this in a gentle and respectful way” (1 Peter 3:15-16, NLT).
Take a few minutes now to work through these questions so you can be ready for the next open door God gives you to tell your story.
My Life Before Christ
- What about my life before Christ will relate most to the non-Christians I know?
- What did my life revolve around? Where did I get my security, identity or happiness from?
- How did those things begin to let me down?
How I Came to Christ
- When was the first time I heard the gospel? What were my initial reactions?
- When and why did my perspective of Christ begin to change?
- What were the final struggles that went through my mind just before I accepted Him? Why did I finally decide to accept Christ (or give Him complete control of my life)?
My Life After Coming to Christ
- How is my life different now? List some specific changes in your character, attitude and perspective on life.
- What motivates me now? What do I live for?
- Even though my life still isn’t perfect, how does knowing Christ help me deal with that fact?
Now that you’ve answered these questions, take a few minutes to write out your story as if you were telling it to someone.